Getting promoted is not about how much effort you put into your work, but about visibility and impact. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Master your craft so that you can do difficult work with minimal effort.
- Be vocal about the work you have done and make sure it gets as many eyes on it as possible.
- Focus on the impact of your work, as solving difficult technical challenges may not necessarily have a positive business, team, or organizational impact.
- Your manager’s manager needs to hear about your accomplishments. If your manager is not promoting your work, forget about a promotion.
- Build a solid network among your colleagues, peers, and managers. This network should be focused on how your work positively impacts them. It could be documentation that you wrote, initiatives you have led, or insights you shared with your team. In short, it’s about how you have helped them level up.
Bottom line: to grow, you need to master the art of marketing and growing through the leveling up of others.
▬▬▬▬▬▬ Support the channel 💜 ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Every little bit helps ✨